On 22/12/2003 the Bordiga Francesco Srl Company was certified according to the Chain of Custody System (FSC – Forest Stewardship Council®), and is therefore able to supply:
PLANKS AND SEMI-FINISHED PRODUCTS
IN BEECH – ASH – OAK – LINDEN – ALDER – MAPLE – ELM – POPLAR – CHESTNUT
coming from sustainable forestry and well managed according to strict environmental, social and economic standards, such as:
1) Compliance with the national laws in force as well as with international agreements
2) Safeguarding of the title and rights of use of land and of forest resources
3) Safeguarding of the indigenous populations that depend on the forest
4) Safeguarding of the rights of the workers and of local communities, focusing on labour safety and on their economic and social well-being.
5) Promotion of many products, services and benefits deriving from the forest
6) Safeguarding of the landscape and of the forest’s integrity
7) Forest monitoring and assessment
8) Preservation of the forests of major ecologic and naturalistic worth
9) Management of forest plantations in accordance with the foregoing principles.
In July 2016, the Company Bordiga Francesco Srl obtained a PEFC certification for PELLET production, which guarantees that the raw wood material for the production of pellets derived from forests is managed in a sustainable manner.
Certified forests are regularly checked by independent inspectors, and the standards listed below are an integral part of PEFC forest management, to elaborate:
- the preservation of the forest as a habitat for animals and plants
- maintaining the protective function of forests against water, the terrain and the climate,
- protecting the biodiversity of forest ecosystems,
- verify the origin of raw wood materials,
- respecting the natural rhythm of the forest growth when cutting down plants,
- provides that the areas subject to the removal of vegetation are reforested or preferably regenerated and renewed natually,
- protecting the rights and health of workers,
- favoring short supply chains,
- it guarantees the rights of indigenous people and forest owners.
EN PLUS A1
On 16/04/2015 the Company Bordiga Francesco Srl obtained EN PLUS A1 certification for the production of 100% CONIFER PELLETS.
The ENPLUS certification system was created in 2011 due to an agreement by the EPC (European Pellet Council) and therefore enjoys the support of all the European Pellet production systems.
The certification scheme is based on the standard EN 14961-2 and has the aim of spreading quality wood pellets as an energy source for non-industrial uses across Europe.
A key advantage of ENPLUS certification is that the quality of the pellets is monitored throughout the supply chain, including production, storage and transportation to the final consumer.
The ENPLUS certification also provides for the monitoring of production systems and the adoption of specific procedures that, over time, results in pellets that are always of high quality.